Captain James Anthony Townley dies in Afghanistan
It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that Captain James Anthony Townley from the Corps of Royal Engineers died in Afghanistan on Friday 21 September 2012.
Captain Townley died in Camp Bastion, Helmand province, southern Afghanistan, from wounds sustained whilst serving at Forward Operating Base Shawqat.
Extremely popular with his fellow officers, Captain Townley lived life to the full and was at the heart of the Regiment both professionally and socially.
Above everything else, he will be remembered for his selfless commitment to every undertaking, his strength of character and his faultless integrity.
Captain James Townley, was a remarkable young man. He leaves behind his parents, Peter and Jacqui, his brother, Nick, and girlfriend, Helen. He died on the day before his 30th birthday.
Ubique. Rest in peace.
- chameleon-starships reblogged this from cruising-to-disaster
- standywandyandard reblogged this from amicusursorum
- amicusursorum reblogged this from cruising-to-disaster and added:
- honeyitsgettingclosetomidnight reblogged this from livetobefreefearnothing
- livetobefreefearnothing reblogged this from cruising-to-disaster
- respvnse likes this
- cruising-to-disaster posted this